Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I hope this was it!

With all the expectations of the H1N1 and the fears of getting it I am proud to say I'm over it.

Started out as a cold, went into the flu, and took away time in the fall that I love to spend doing something else besides being sick.

I am not a 100% yet but I feel there is a glimmer of hope that I will make it through. Being 50 years of age I tend to worry more about getting sick. My body is not what it used to be. It takes me longer to get somewhere, get motivated in mornings, and get up from sofa. I have never been an athletic person, but always felt I was an active person. I am also an early riser and do not sleep well at night, never did.

I do not know for sure where we got this crud but we are pretty sure that Jim brought it home from work. Technically he was not sick first but was pretty pissed off when he found out others were going to his workplace with flu. What drives people to work when they are sick? Do they not have any respect for others? In this day and age of scary pandemics, flu that will kill, and bacteria that live for 4 days on a dollar bill, don't they get it? Are they retarded? Do they feel that just because they have it nobody else will get it? Answer me this, I'm curious to find out what kind of upbringing they had to make them so bad as not to care about others.

With this all said I am happy in a way that we got it. It means it is a load off and we survived it. If this was NOT the H1N1 that we had recently and still sort of have, then I am very fearful of what it may be coming yet as it could get worse that this?

Going to doctor and having him tell you by deduction that just because you had seasonal flu shot and have the flu now is good enough for me that it was H1N1. And guess what, we BOTH stayed home from work! Surprise, surprise...

We worried that maybe we might infect others, we worried about our children and made them stay away, we worried that maybe our neighbors and friends might get it.

This is a funny virus. It starts out as a cold, making you think that in a couple of days you will get better. Then it creeps in with the respiratory cough, so bad that times you think that you may cough out a lung or worse die from drowning in phlegm.

I am still blowing snot, and occasionally coughing up stuff but I feel that my life is going to finally get back to normal after 9 days and things are looking up.

I live in fear for the past 5 years of Oct and November. I love fall, Halloween, and this time of year but always seem to come up with one ailment or another. If not the flu, then a cold, if not a cold then a sprained ankle or better yet cellulitis.

My daughter Emily is getting married next Oct I wonder what that will bring. If I have an uneventful fall next year besides the wedding then I think after the wedding I will book that carribean cruise that I always wanted to go on because rest assured I made it thru another October/November without incident and that calls for celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment